I’m combining two posts and I’m super late on posting. Apologies. One day I will be on time, I promise.
So Wednesday there wasn’t a weight change. I stayed the same at 247 pounds. I honestly expected that I was going to gain weight, and the bad weight. I did not have a very good food week last week. I had really bad sugar cravings, and for the first time in two months I had a soda. I was constantly munching on things and I only went to the gym twice. Not that this week was any better on the gym front. I went three times. This week has been a better food day tho so I am really thankful for that.
6.19.2017 = 248 lbs 8.2.2017 = 247 lbs 8.9.2017 = 247 lbs
Dev started his new Job this week and so its been a bit hectic with trying to get schedules and things figured out, but he got a gym pass so he will be joining Bailey and I. I also had a job interview in the school district as a Special Education Aide which is really exciting. I think it’s pretty much safe to assume that I have the job. Fingers crossed I didn’t just jinx it. I think that once we get into a grove of everything the gym will become more consistent.
Monday was a bust. Dev had the day off so we decided to sleep in, and when I say sleep in, I mean we didn’t get out of bed till 11:30. Then I had my job interview. then we went to the pool where I almost died. Kind of an exaggeration, but it could of been worse. I was sitting in the hot tub and I was like *sexy hair flip* and bounced my head off the hand rail. I had to sit there for a minute, my body deciding if it was going to pass out or throw up because of the pain. Thank goodness neither happened, and I wasn’t bleeding. I maybe gave myself a small concussion … The spot still hurts and sometimes bright light is painful. I survived though, so that’s always good.
Tuesday: It was arm day. Also the day that Dev got a gym membership. So we all went and yeah. I finally figured out all the official names of all the arm exercises that I have been doing. I used the magical Google.com to find them (Arm Exercises with Dumbbell). So without further ado:
- Arnold Press @10 lbs 15 reps x 2 sets Dumbbell
- Front Raise @5 lbs 15 reps x 2 sets Dumbbell
- Lateral Raise @5 lbs 15 reps x 2 sets Dumbbell
- Hammer Grip Chest Press @10 lbs 15 reps x 2 sets Dumbbell
- Chest Fly @5 lbs 15 reps x 2 sets Dumbbell
- Bicep Curls @10 lbs 15 reps x 2 sets Dumbbell
- R. Overhead Extensions @10 lbs 15 reps x 2 sets Dumbbell
- L. Overhead Extensions @10 lbs 15 reps x 2 sets Dumbbell
- R. Tricep Kickback @5 lbs 15 reps x 2 sets Dumbbell
- L. Tricep Kickback @5 lbs 15 reps x 2 sets Dumbbell
- Forward Bent Row @10 lbs 15 reps x 2 sets Dumbbell
- R. Row @10 lbs 15 reps x 2 sets Dumbbell
- L. Row @10 lbs 15 reps x 2 sets Dumbbell
*I try and do these in groups so it would be (1, 2, 3, repeat 4, 5, 6, repeat 7, 8, repeat 9, 10 repeat 11, 12, 13, repeat). Does that make sense?
Wednesday: This was conditioning. I don’t know exactly how to tell you what I was doing. It was a lot of full body, high cardio. I can say that upped the number of reps that I was doing. Last week during conditioning I was only doing 15 reps of things, but I decided to challenge my self. So I just added 5 reps to everything. The nice thing is that there are no sets so its just go-go-go. When I was doing things with Trainer Rick, he was just having me do as many reps that I could in 1 minute. That felt like a lifetime, and I hate timers and clocks. In video games I hate that kind of pressure and usually end up failing. Same thing. I go super hard for like 20 seconds and then fall on my face for the last 40. Therefore, I just started to go by sets. I noticed that at the beginning 10 sets was starting to strain my muscles so I did 15 to get that “good” kind of burn. However this week getting to 15 was easy so I added that 5 and well, around 18 I wanted to give up. I think that’s how I’m going to pace myself. I use one of those wooden boxes, ones that crazy people jump on to. Lots of Kettle Bell with some sort of squatting action. Maybe also use the Google or Youtube to find helpful demonstrations.
Thursday: This was another no gym day Devon and Bailey got a personal training session with Rick, there is a free one when you sign up. But they didn’t want to go with me and so I decided that I would sleep in with Dev.
Friday: LEEEEGGGG DAYYYYY: I love leg day. That might sound sarcastic, but I genuinely love working out my legs. That’s where all of my power is and so I get a huge rush of energy and motivation to work harder and push farther with lower body work outs. Again, this is going to be difficult to explain what it is that I do exactly. But I’ll try.
- I’m going to call this the sitting squat machine. 20 reps, 18, reps, 15 reps
- I’m going to call this the standing squat machine. 20 reps, 18 reps 15 reps
* So again, I would alternate. (sitting, standing, sitting, standing, sitting, standing) Each set has less reps as the set before it.
Sitting Squat Standing Squat
- Left leg is balanced on a chair or bench behind you so you are balanced on your right leg 15 reps, 13 reps, 10 reps
- Right leg is balanced on a chair or bench behind you so you are balanced on your left leg 15 reps, 13 reps, 10 reps
- Normal, standing, weightless squats 10 resp, 8, reps, 6 reps
*Can you guess? Yes! (L leg, R leg, Squat, L leg, R leg, Squat, L leg, R leg, Squat) Again, each set has less reps than the last.
Typically I have a few more leg exercises but I upped my reps and I felt like a new born giraffe and called it a day.
Well, anyways. I think that’s all.
Until Next Time,